1) Squat racks don't need to remain on the platforms! We mainly keep them on the platforms at the end of the week so it is easier for Kay to clean the gym floor. If someone is pulling off the platforms, they don't need the racks at that time. If you need to squat or press while they are pulling, don't be afraid to pull the rack out onto the floor in between their sets.
2) When rowers aren't in use, put them up! Putting all the rowers up adds at least another 150 square feet of space.
3) If you are following another program and training separately from the classes, while the classes are in session, priority for equipment and space goes to the class. For the most part, this hasn't been an issue but I just want to keep it out there.
4) It is tough in close quarters, but please do your best to avoid moving thru direct line of site when someone is taking a lift overhead. It can be pretty distracting to a lifter, regardless of skill level, when someone walks in front of them prior to and during a lift.
5) If you are rolling or stretching out prior to or after class, make sure to do it off to the side by the entrances.
6) We love having dogs at the gym, but space priority goes to human members. And when you leave, please do a quick spot sweep of dog hair. It doesn't have to be immaculate, but a quick sweep after each visit will help immensely in keeping the hair level down.
7) In regards to number 1, at the end of the training week (Saturdays) please make sure that the squat racks are returned to the platforms. This is mostly to make it a bit easier for Kay to clean the gym floor.
I hope this helps a bit. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Here is Wednesday's workout!
Wednesday, August 17th
5x3 – snatch pull deadlift (work up to 90% of 1RM snatch)
*rest 1-2 mins; focus on the negative too!
Deficit deadlifts - 2x5 (50%), 2x5 (55%), 1x5 (60%)
*set up on 2x25lb bumper plates side to side
*rest 1-2mins; DO NOT cycle. Reset each rep to work on stronger set-up and pull.
a- 3x10 one-arm rows (10 each arm)
b- 3x15 sec hip extension hold (on GHD or between 2 benches face up)
*rest 2 mins